When I found out how anti-science, unnatural, and harmful many standard birth practices are here in America, I was beyond disturbed. As a young woman who would like to have babies fairly soon, I spend so much of my free time learning to I can lean into the natural and primal way of giving birth.
Here are some videos and podcasts I recommend watching to gain a basic level of understanding regarding the issues with standard American birthing.
I am by no means an expert on this subject and this is not health advice, but I am deeply passionate about it, and would love for these sources to empower you to make educated choices for your birthing plan.
1. The Cost of Unnecessary Birth Interventions: The Ellen Fisher Podcast with Dr. Stuart Fischbein
2. What ARE Obstetricians Taught in Medical School? Birthing Instincts podcast with Dr. Stuart Fischbein and midwife, Blyss.
3. Have an Easier Labor and Influence Your Birth: The Ellen Fisher Podcast with the Naked Doula
1. Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
Informative Social Media Posts and Accounts:
1. Debunking the Standard Procedures After Birth with @labor.nurse.mama. Be sure to read her caption for an explanation of why many standard procedures after birth are unnecessary, and even harmful.
2. Normalized BS That We Tell Pregnant and Laboring Mothers with @naturalmindedmomma and @birthuprising
3. The Truth About Pitocin with @naturalnursemomma
Like I said, these links are all just to get you introduced to this subject. I hope they served you well!